Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Think about this one....
"Think about what these two negative experiences would be like: to feel alone and unloved in the world OR to feel inadequate and disrespected by everyone. If you were forced to choose one, which would you prefer? Would you rather feel...alone and unloved or inadequate and disrespected?" (This is a question from an author named Shaunti Feldhahn)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Definitely the inadequate and disrespected one. At first glance, both seem equally terrible, but to feel alone and unloved would mean not feeling God's love, which I for one could never live without.
ReplyDelete>Katie<
I'd rather be alone and unloved because then I at least know how things stand. If I was inadequate and disrespected, there's potential to be continually hurt by others by it. I guess you could argue that the other way too, but this makes more sense to me! :)
ReplyDelete~melissa
I teach high school kids and raised two girls through their teenage years - I already feel inadequate and disrespected;)
ReplyDeleteThere really isn't anything you can do about that if you aren't getting your self worth from the LORD.
I've never felt totally alone or unloved, but if I did, I would hope I would be able to get out of myself and self pity and find other people that are in need and lose myself in helping them. Very idealistic, but I hope I could do that. Sorry about the long winded answer.I teach high school kids and raised two girls through their teenage years - I already feel inadequate and disrespected;)
There really isn't anything you can do about that if you aren't getting your self worth from the LORD.
I've never felt totally alone or unloved, but if I did, I would hope I would be able to get out of myself and self pity and find other people that are in need and lose myself in helping them. Very idealistic, but I hope I could do that. Sorry about the long winded answer.
Sorry, don't know why that duplicated itself. It really is long.
ReplyDeleteinadequate and disrespected for sure. i mean, this isnt even a good alternative, but at least i would know where I stand,myself, regardless of the world around me. feeling loved by some1, really loved-to the point where u kno that some1 cares enough about u 2 sacrifice their own personal gain-....that, to me, is way more important than what the ppl who most likely could not give a crap about ur well-being think of you/if they respect you.feeling inadequate comes from the respect and reputation you gain from others' opinion...so the same goes for it. however, if you are experiencing the grace of real love, in the areas that actually matter, you will not feel inadequate simply because it is not possible with real love...love lets you know that some1 out there thinks that you are adequate enough for something important...or else they wouldnt love you. even if that something is what the rest of the world disrespects. (connection?)
ReplyDeleteoh and this is kelsey btw...idk how i changed my name..again.lol
ReplyDelete